Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
Summer is winding down, and the growing season for many summer plants are ending. How do we propertly get rid of dead plants, soil and plant pots? Are any of these items recyclable?
Dead Plants, leftover soil or dirt:
- Soil and dirt belong to your green cart as they are compostable.
- Plants and other yard waste, such as leaves, flowers, grass clippings, etc. should also go to your green cart.
Plant Pots and Trays:
- Remove dead plants and dirt from the plant container and rinse it out first.
- Containers marked with a recycling symbol 1-7 should be recycled in your blue cart or at a community recycling depot.
- Containers that aren’t marked with a numbered recycling symbol belong in your black cart as garbage.
Learn about different carts here:
Word of the Day:Clipping: a small piece cut from something.
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: What Goes Where? (calgary.ca) .