Taking Class 5 road test? Avoid the following to prevent an automatic fail:
Accumulating more than 75 points in a Class 5 basic or advanced test.
Right of way violation
- Failing to yield as required and another vehicle or pedestrian is affected
Traffic light violation:
- Failing to stop for a red light;
- Failing to stop for a yellow light when able to do so.
- Failing to stop completely prior to turning right on a red light.
Stop sign violation: failing to stop completely for a stop sign.
Speeding violation: exceeding the speed limit.
Tires climbing over a curb.
Lacking caution at an uncontrolled intersection:
- At an uncontrolled intersection, you must yield to vehicles on the right. This includes “T” intersections.
- Check for traffic and reduce speed to the point where a stop can be made, if necessary.
- The appropriate speed is determined by road conditions and visibility obstructions (e.g. hedges, trees, parked vehicles, etc.).
- If you cannot see approaching traffic, slow down to a speed where you can stop safely, if necessary.
Obstructing traffic by:
- Driving too slowly;
- Failing to proceed as required (being unnecessarily cautious); or
- Otherwise obstructing traffic unnecessarily.
Failing to perform a required skilled maneuver within three attempts, for example:
- parallel parking,
- uphill parking ,
- downhill parking, or
- angle park.
Hitting another vehicle or object.
Lacking sufficient skill and control, for example:
- A skill like steering or shifting gears is inadequate;
- The examiner has to intervene to assist or provide advice; or
- Driving in the middle of a marked roadway for extended distances
Making an unsafe action, for example:
- Driving straight through an intersection from a designated turning lane;
- Driving at an unsafe speed for the conditions (conditions may require you to drive below the posted speed limit); or
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
Word of the Day:Visibility: the state of being able to see
Check out other tips when preparing for your road test: https://www.transportation.alberta.ca/content/docType45/Production/Preparingforyourroadtest.pdf