In today’s “English Idioms for Newcomers“, let’s take a look at this expression: Fly off the Handle.
What does “fly off the handle” mean?
- To lose control of one’s emotions all of a sudden
- To lose one’s temper and become extremely angry
How to use it?
- Note that “fly off the handle” is a very informal phrase.
- Use “fly off the handle” to describe someone’s personality.
- Whenever he receives negative feedback about his work, he flies right off the handle.
Before you go, check out our English Learning tips articles!
Immigrant Services Calgary offers online language assessment services and referrals for clients in the Calgary area and Southern Alberta. Want to get in touch with one of our newcomer language specialists? Answer a couple of questions to help us know you better! Feel free to chat with us online if you have any questions.