Effective September 3, the City of Calgary reinstated the state of local emergency in light of growing COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. The state of local emergency helps the City to
- write local orders to clarify or deal with local challenges and quickly secure supplies needed to run essential services.
- take further actions to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Calgarians are encouraged to continue to practice COVID-19 recommendations of health officials including
- wearing masks in crowded spaces,
- maintaining physical distance,
- practicing proper handwashing and,
- getting both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Word of the Day:Reinstate: to restore … to the former condition