Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers!
If they are in okay-ish conditions, donate or drop-off used books to:
Old and unusable books and book that are falling apart:
- Place in your blue cart
- Drop off at a community recycling depot for free
How do I prepare books for disposal?
- Remove hard covers and spines and recycle them as separate items.
- Put leather, canvas and plastic book covers in your black cart as garbage.
Special notes about recycling coil-bound or spiral-ring books:
- Remove the coil or spiral binding and put them in your black cart as garbage.
- Recycle soft and hard covers as well as pages in your blue cart or at a community recycling depot
Learn about different carts here:
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: What Goes Where? (calgary.ca)
Word of the Day:Spine: part of a book’s cover facing outwards showing the title and the author’s name