Alberta’s influenza immunization season has started.
- Children under 5 and those they live with can get immunized at an AHS public health clinic by calling Health Link at 811.
- All other Albertans can get their flu shot from a participating pharmacy or doctor’s office.
Please book your appointment today at ahs.ca/vaccine.
If appointments are not available online in your area, contact your local pharmacy or doctor’s office directly to see if they are offering influenza immunization by appointment or walk-in.
If you need help booking one or multiple appointments for children and family members, please call Health Link at 811. We need to protect each other and our healthcare system against influenza and COVID-19.
Prepare for your flue shot appointment:
- Wear clothing that will allow easy access to the upper arm.
- Bring required identification.
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as you can.
- Do not attend your appointment if you have symptoms of/or are diagnosed with COVID-19, are isolating or have been outside Canada in the past 14 days and are under a federal quarantine order.
- Follow safety protocols in place: wash or sanitize your hands, wear a mask (masks are required for individuals age two and older), keep your distance (2m / 6 ft) from others.
- If you have a fear of needles or concerns about pain associated with immunization, learn how to alleviate your worries and fear.
- COVID-19 vaccine transportation for seniors – reach out to 211.