The Calgary Police Service (CPS) has seven core values:
- Respect: Consider another’s values, beliefs, thoughts and ideas.
- Honesty: Be truthful in our words and actions.
- Compassion: Show care and concern for the wellbeing of others.
- Courage: Face adversity and stand up for what is right.
- Fairness: Give just and impartial treatment to others.
- Accountability: Be fiercely responsible to the public and to each other for our actions.
- Integrity: Consistently practice our values and principles.
These are the foundations of what makes a good CPS officer and minimum requirements that you must meet before applying to become a police officer.
Required Immigration Status
In order to apply, you must be a Canadian citizen, have landed immigrant or permanent resident status. AND you must reside in Canada for at least 3 years.
The Application Process
The application process is detailed and extremely time consuming, which may take anywhere from 3 to 6 months to complete. You will go through over 10 steps, including online application and review, written & physical tests, interviews, psychological testing, polygraph, background investigation, etc.
More information: https://join.calgarypolice.ca/
Word of the Day:Fiercely: in a powerful manner