A jack-o’-lantern (or jack o’lantern) is a carved pumpkin associated with Halloween.
It’s not too late to carve pumpkins for this year’s Halloween! Here are some tips and tricks to make the process easier:
- Choose a fresh pumpkin with a flat bottom
- Must-have basic tools you will need: a serrated knife and an ice scream scoop
- Carve the lid from the bottom to prevent the sides from caving in later
- Thin out the shell of the pumpkin to one inch thick before carving to save effort and time
- Put petroleum jelly on the cut edges to make it last longer
- Soak shriveled pumpkins facedown in cold water up to eight hours to revive it
- Sprinkle cinnamon before lighting it up to make it smell nice.
Word of the Day:Serrated: jagged, saw-toothed, having a jagged edge