Today is Black Friday!
- Black Friday is the Friday following the Thanksgiving in the United States.
- In the United States as well as Canada, Black Friday traditionally marks the start of the holiday shopping season.
- No time to shop on Friday? No worries. Many retailers offer Black Friday Weekend deals, so that consumers have more time to shop on the following Saturday and Sunday.
Tips and tricks on not overspending today:
- Plan ahead. Make a list. And check in twice. Whether you are shopping for Christmas gifts or for yourself, making a plan beforehand and sticking to it will stop you from buying things impromptu.
- Create a Black Friday shopping budget. Adjust your shopping lists so that you will spend within your means.
- Research well and compare prices. After you have decided what to buy, check different retailers find the best price.
- Keep the paper or electronic receipts. This is especially important for your gift recipients, in case they need to exchange or return the item. Most retailers have extended holiday return and exchange periods.
- Know when to stop. Do not “shop until you drop”.
Word of the DayImpromptu: without being planner