Breakfast if the most important meal of the day. Here are three healthy and no-fuss breakfast recipes to help you and your family stay energized throughout your busy daily routines!
- You will need any of the following ingredients: low-fat, low-sugar yoghurt, oat meals, unsweetened plant-based milk or low-fat milk, flaxseeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Add-ons for more flavors include matcha powder, coco powder, cinnamon. Top it off with frozen fruits or mixed nuts.
- Stir your selected ingredients together in a mason jar. How much ingredients are needed depends on the size of the jar you are using. Seal and refrigerate it overnight or for at least 6 hours. Enjoy!
- Basic ingredients: eggs (1 egg/tin), grated cheese, finely chopped vegetables of your choice (tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, onion), salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs, fill them into muffin tins, and top each tin off with chopped vegetables and cheese. Bake at 400 F for 15 min.
- Tip: you don’t need a whole lot of vegetables, so this recipe is perfect for cleaning up leftover veggies in your fridge.
Tofu and veggie scramble
- Tired of eggs? Try tofu for a change! You will need: extra firm or firm tofu, chopped bell pepper and onion, salt and pepper, a pinch of onion powder and garlic powder. Add some turmeric for the bright color and earthy flavor.
- Cut tofu into small pieces and smash them with a fork. Stir fry onions and peppers in a pan with a dazzle of oil over medium high heat for 3 min or until veggies soften. Add in tofu and cook until water evaporates. Add in spices, salt and pepper, mix well, remove from heat and enjoy!
Word of the Day:No-fuss: without difficulty, easy
Check out Canada’s Food Guide for more healthy recipes: https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/recipes/