In today’s “English Idioms for Newcomers”, let’s take a look at this expression: “Bring to light”.
What does “bring to light” mean?
“Bring to light” means:
- Reveal or disclose something previously hidden or secret
- Reveal something, often something inappropriate or illegal
- To cause something to be known
Reveal, expose, disclose.
- The facts that were uncovered in the investigation will bring to light a reality that most people don’t want to believe.
- He was on a mission to bring to light the injustices that were committed against him.
- The scientist brought his research findings to light when he published his research paper.
Before you go, check out our English Learning tips articles!
Immigrant Services Calgary offers online language assessment services and referrals for clients in the Calgary area and Southern Alberta. Want to get in touch with one of our newcomer language specialists? Answer a couple of questions to help us know you better! Feel free to chat with us online if you have any questions.