The Government of Canada is steadfast in its commitment to help Ukrainians and their family members. Here are some of the efforts that IRCC has recently announced to help Ukrainians in crisis.
New Canada Information Centre in Warsaw, Poland
- offers in-person services to people who need to give their biometrics as part of their Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel
- offers services in Ukrainian, English, and French.
- inform clients about what to expect when coming to Canada, including access to language training, tools for life in Canada, and how to access the job market.
3 federal charter flights to help Ukrainians and their family members get to Canada:
- The flights will be available to people approved through the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) program.
- First come, first served basis from Poland – May 23 to Winnipeg, Manitoba; May 29 to Montréal, Quebec; and June 2 to Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Canadian Biometric Collection Centre in Berlin, Germany is now open:
- serving Ukrainian nationals and their family members who applied to the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel
- Locations are listed: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp