has collected and developed the public resources below to support our community with the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

Immigrant serving agencies/settlement organizations in Calgary

  • Aspen Family and Community Network Society
    Phone: 403-219-3477 | website:
  • The Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth (CBFY)
    Phone: 403-230-7745 Ext . 201 | website:
  • Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (CCIS)
    Phone: 403-262-2006 | website:
  • Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association (CIWA)
    Phone: 403-263-4414| website:
  • Calgary Public Library
    Phone: 403-260-2600 | website:
  • Centre D’Accueil Pour Les Nouveaux Arrivants Francophones
    Phone: 403-532-6334 | website:
  • Centre for Newcomers
    Phone: 403-569-3325 | website:
  • The Immigrant Educational Society (TIES)
    Phone: 403-235-3666 | website:
  • Immigrant Services Calgary
    Phone: 403-265-1120 | website:
  • Jewish Family Service Calgary
    Phone: 403-287-3510 | website:

    If you have not contacted a settlement agency, you can register here for free assistance and receive directions and services.

Official Information about COVID-19

COVID-19 Online Screening (AHS)

Alberta Health Services provides an online self-assessment tool to help determine whether you need to be tested for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself or on behalf of someone else, if they are not able.

ALL travellers who returned to Alberta from outside Canada in the last 14 days MUST self-isolate immediately for 14 days after the date of return and monitor for symptoms.

Launch self-assessment >

Translated Resources (AHS)

AHS has gathered COVID-19 resources available in your language:

What is Social Distancing

All Albertans are asked to practice social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This is not the same as self-isolation. You do not need to remain indoors, but you do need to avoid being in close contact with people.

Social distancing works – here’s how

You can watch translated videos with this link.

COVID-19 Financial Support – Alberta Government

  • Emergency isolation support
    • The Government of Alberta’s Emergency Isolation Support program is now closed after successfully distributing funds to over 79,596 eligible Albertans since the launch of the program, for a total of approximately $91.7 million, close to double the amount originally allocated.
  • Utility payment deferral
    This program is available to Albertans who are experiencing financial hardship as a direct result of COVID-19.
    Learn more about the 90-day utility payment deferral.
  • Student loans repayment deferral
    Alberta Student Loan repayments will be paused for 6 months, beginning March 30, 2020.

COVID-19 Financial Support – Government of Canada

  • Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) (launching April 2020)
    Provides $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to workers without paid sick leave (or similar workplace accommodation) who are unable to work, sick, quarantined or forced to stay home to care for children.
    Learn more about the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).
  • Employment Insurance sickness benefits
    Learn more about the Employment Insurance sickness benefits.
  • Canada Child Benefit
    Eligible parents will receive $300 more per child with their regular May CCB payment.
    Learn more about the Canada Child Benefit.
  • GST rebate increase
    Provides low- and modest-income Albertans with a one-time special payment in May of up to $400 for single people and $600 for couples.
    Learn more about GST rebate increase.
  • Eased rules for Registered Retirement Income Funds
    Learn more about Eased rules for RRIFs.
How to Apply For Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)

Need Food?

The Calgary Food Bank is here for you. You can call 403-253-2055, the Hamper Request Line to request your emergency food hamper and assign your pick-up time. You must call first as hamper distribution is by appointment only.

How the COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services

Information for your situation:

Important Phone Numbers

If you have not contacted a settlement agency, you can register here for free assistance and receive directions and services.