POWER OF NATURE: RENEWABLE ENERGY
Join us to discover the Power of Nature! We will explore the importance of renewable energy and how it impacts your life and career, and the economy. It will introduce you to the science behind clean energy, and provide you with energy-saving tips for you to use in everyday life.
Breanna Sayles, Program Specialist at Green Workplace, Green Calgary will share information and answer questions on the following topics:
- Climate change: what it is, how it impacts us, what the City of Calgary is planning to do for mitigation and adaptation
- Climate change and the economy
- Renewable energy technology: how do solar, wind and hydro power work? How does this change across Canada?
- Jobs in the renewable energy sector: quick interview with professionals from the industry, review of job profiles
- How to bring renewable energy to your home and tracking your energy consumption
- Tips and ideas on how to lower energy consumption at home, comparing energy usage of different appliances
To register, please click on REGISTER.
For questions, please contact: