ABOUT THE SERIES
The "Alberta Newcomers: How-To & Smart Tips Video Series" is an innovative new video project launched by Immigrant Services Calgary and funded by the Government of Alberta, that involves the publication of a series of easy to understand, scenario-based settlement information videos.
These videos are available in simple English, with subtitles translated into the top 6 in-demand languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Hindi, Spanish, and Tigrinya), and are intended to inform newcomers about practical information and resources that are helpful to start a new life in Alberta. The goal is to ease the settlement process and ensure that immigrants have access to an interactive and reliable settlement resource available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
These videos are free of charge and can be accessed in many ways:
1) Through our interactive online settlement platform (www.SettlementCalgary.com)
2) Through our various social media platforms.
3) Through various in-person community events and partner agencies around the province.
Are you ready to start your new life in Alberta?
We are here to take this journey with you.
ABOUT IMMIGRANT SERVICES CALGARY
Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC) was the first settlement agency in Calgary and has been serving immigrant and refugee families for over 40 years. ISC’s vision is that immigrants and their families participate fully in an integrated and cohesive Canadian society. Our mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. The agency’s multilingual settlement counselors are able to provide settlement and integration services in over 50 languages.
Its programs and services include:
- information and orientation
- referrals to connect newcomers to needed resources
- supportive counseling to help families adjust to Canadian life
- translation and interpretation
- employment bridging services
- services for newcomer seniors
- citizenship and civic education
- pre-arrival services