Our Calgary client currently has a full-time opportunity at their Administrative Office. Reporting to the Manager Special Projects and the Chief Finance Officer, The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for the accounts receivable cycle and day-to-day accounts receivable activities, including the timely and accurate planning and processing of workflows, records, reconciliations, documents, data entry and other accounting transactions related to the AR function, in accordance with our policies.
• Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains control to ensure cash collections are deposited in a timely fashion.
• Oversees Annual Rent Reviews, including Rent-Geared-To-Income for all residents.
• Commercial and residential tenant rent billing, collection, adjustments, and notices.
• Reviews or issues donor receipts as required by CRA regulations for registered charities.
• Deposits and maintains security deposit subledger, calculates monthly interest and oversees payouts.
• Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information.
• Prepares monthly rent electronic bank deposit and general weekly deposit.
• Posts customer and government payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
• Prepares monthly GST filing, accounts receivables reports, and statements
• Working knowledge of integrated software platform including how the general ledger and accounts receivable function.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to understand general account coding, customer invoices, and general contract knowledge.
• Possess or working towards an accounting diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent analysis and judgment skills and good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Proficient in data entry and management with a positive attitude.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines; on occasion work under somewhat stressful situations.
To apply for this job email your details to MeenakshiL@immigrantservicescalgary.ca