We currently have a Full Time opportunity in our Administrative office in Calgary. The Leadership Assistant is primarily responsible to assist the Leadership and Board committees with administrative and organizational activities needed to support the smooth operation of the organization.
To this end, the focus of this role is administration duties, coordination of documents from the Board committees, coordination of contract renewal documents, coordination of meeting rooms and equipment, and reception relief. This combination of tasks and activities requires that the Leadership Assistant is able to manage multiple tasks in a busy environment, and to respond to a wide range of requests in a timely and confidential manner
Key responsibilities include:
• Completes Board Committee information, including meeting agenda(s) with CEO and Leadership, setting meetings to ensure quorum will be met, assembling meeting packages, uses templates, attends meetings to take minutes, documents the meeting minute discussions in an accurate and concise manner, capturing the key discussion points, decisions made, action items and timelines, and posts them to Board Effects web portal, and archives documents. Works with the Executive Assistant to the CEO to support Board other Board and Board committees’ meetings.
· Organizes ad hoc company committees (e.g. Policy Committee) meetings with Leadership representatives, and ensures meetings and actions from meetings are properly recorded.
• Working with IT, develops and maintains an electronic file structure.
• Act as a lead on all office equipment in collaboration with IT department to maximize effective use.
• Pro-actively manage calendars, scheduling of appointments for leadership team members, room bookings, and completion of multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
• Prepare reports, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and documents.
• Sets up training and workshops for Leadership and Senior Management as required.
• Makes travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff and Board Committee members as required.
• Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, courier parcels.
• Organizes email system to ensure incoming emails are sent to the appropriate staff person.
• Prioritizes tasks, tracking and ensures timely task completion.
• Creates and maintains a central filing record management system for both electronic and hard-copy records and Assists with ongoing record management tasks and documentation of contract renewals.
• Documents the meeting minute discussions in an accurate and concise manner.
• Complies and submits confidential reports and records
• Greets visitors seeking information or assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
• Provides support, relief and leadership to the Receptionist-Administrative Assistant to ensure that the Administrative Office is open to visitors during all core business hours.
· Provides support to other senior management team members as required
- Minimum of 5 years administrative/executive assistant experience
- Diploma or certificate in administration or a combination of experience and education may be considered
- Prior experience dealing with Boards, Board Committees, and executive managers.
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills including effectively dealing with the public is essential
- Advanced skills proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Outlook, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Experience in the housing or property management an asset or prior experience working in any financial institution.
To apply for this job email your details to MeenakshiL@immigrantservicescalgary.ca