Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Maintenance (FM), the Maintenance Worker is responsible to maintain the buildings and properties of the company’s including preventative maintenance, general and emergency maintenance and repairs and custodial duties when required.
40 hours per rotation with 5 days on and 2 days off. Some unusual hours may be required from time to time as the need arises. Schedule may be altered at the discretion of management.
• Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and equipment at various facilities/sites including HVAC, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing and Painting tasks on a scheduled basis/as needed basis.
• Receives direction from Manager, Facilities Maintenance (FM) on day to day functions of the Maintenance department
• Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
• Ensure vehicles and equipment owned by the Company are used in accordance with the guidelines and are maintained in good working order
• May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems
• May install and repair electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed
• Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required through the DISH ticketing system
• Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures
• Willing and able to learn new skills as well as teach others any skills in which they have experience and/or expertise in
• Active participation in the “Deficiency a Day program”
• Collaboration with team in coming up with new and innovative ways to perform tasks and actively participate in meetings
• Develop effective relationships with contractors by having the ability to obtain quotes, monitor contractor’s work and report any issues/deficiencies to Manager, Facilities Maintenance (FM)
• Change filters as required
• Dedication to becoming and remaining an industry leader in the maintenance area through integrity in services delivered and commitment to quality workmanship
• May be required to move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
• Ability to switch focus and attend to emergent issues first and then follow up to make sure previous job is complete
• Close completed maintenance tickets in a timely manner and include notes on what action/repairs where made as well as communicate any delays or parts required in completing a job to the Manager, Facilities Maintenance
• Provide ample notice for vacation time so that proper scheduling can occur (not applicable to emergency situations)
• Performs custodial duties as requested which may include, but not be limited to: snow removal, clean, sweep and mop, wash windows, interior walls and ceilings, empty trash cans and other waste containers, cut grass and tends to grounds, clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures, etc.
• Operates industrial cleaner to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse and pile snow removed in allocated spots as directed by the Manager, Facilities Maintenance (FM)
• Care for all equipment and tools used during employment including performing and any preventive maintenance required for equipment
• Ensure maintenance room/office is clean and all tools are returned at the end of the shift
• Ensures that security and safety measures are followed as per guidelines set by Agency, Provincial and Federal standards and that required PPE is used
• Performs other routine maintenance jobs that are approved by your Manager or Directors
• Will be required to participate in the “on call” schedule for all company’s buildings
• Completion of high school is required
• A journeyman/woman certificate in one or more of the trades would be an asset
• Previous general maintenance experience is required?
• Valid Alberta driver’s license (must be at least 25 years of age to meet insurance qualifications) with a clean record is mandatory;
• Must have a solutions-based mind set
• Ownership mentality along with the ability to be a self starter
• Time management skills
• Willingness to work outside in inclement weather
• Previous work experience in the human services field is an asset
• Knowledgeable with some experience in areas such as, but not limited to: plumbing, electrical and carpentry
• Well-developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
• High morals, ethics and integrity
• Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills including the ability to deal with several priorities at the same time
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to improve projects, programs and processes
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Office365 and Microsoft Office Suite 2016
• Demonstrate essential desktop troubleshooting skills
• Eager to learn new systems and adopt improved best practices
• Must demonstrate initiative and work autonomously
• Must be acceptable of industry risks, including coming into contact with bodily fluids
While your position does not normally consist of front line work, it is important for us to tell you that front-line staff are exposed to emotionally disturbing events, such as: medical distress, threatened/actual serious injury, violence, abuse, and death; where clients may be experiencing fear, terror, hopelessness, rage, self-harm and conflict. It is understood and accepted that you will be working in distress and/or high-stress situations, which may include emergency response where resiliency and stress tolerance and the ability to maintain composure, remain calm and focused is imperative. Exposure to bodily fluids may also occur.
Some of the great benefits the DI has are agency paid:
• Vacation days
• Sick days
• Wellness days
• Medical & Dental coverage
• Long-Term Disability*
• Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)*
• Critical Illness Insurance*
To apply for this job email your details to MeenakshiL@immigrantservicescalgary.ca