Our Calgary client is seeking a Senior Accountant for a 12-18 month contract position. The Senior Accountant will assist the Finance Team in preparing financial reporting and full cycle accounting. Their role will include ensuring full compliance, and completing reporting, allowing Managers and employees to make informed decisions regarding day-to-day activities.
This position exists to:
- Provide analysis and recommendations for continuous improvement of financial information and internal control
- Supervise/coach junior accounting staff
- Provide strategic implementation and technical accounting support for special projects as needed by Corporate Controller, Divisional Controllers, and/or CFO.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other Business-related field.
- Canadian Professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA,CMA).
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- Full-cycle accounting experience.
- Knowledge of or exposure to construction industry is an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including, but not limited, to Pivot Tables and V-lookup.
- Experience with SQL, or relevant ERP system are considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to MeenakshiL@immigrantservicescalgary.ca