Advanced Literacy & Essential Skills in the Workplace (Ales@work) Training Program is a 10-week training program targeted at internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs) who are looking for employment, or currently employed in the Canadian IT sector. It will focus on three key essential skills at Canadian workplace: Communication, Writing, and Critical Thinking. This program is presented in the context of working with others in a technical environment and promotes continuous learning.
Ales@work program helps IEPs move from technically competent to the STAR EMPLOYEE that every employer wants to HIRE and RETAIN.
· Programmer, Database Analyst/Database Administrator or Computer Network Technician
· Internationally Educated Professional
· Permanent resident, Canadian Citizen or Convention Refugee
· Unemployed, underemployed or employed
· Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 7
At Immigrant Services Calgary—- Ales@work means MORE: Self Confidence, Empowerment and Improved Productivity
For more information, please contact:
Shao Wen Yang
Recruitment and Training Officer
Abdallah M. A. Abushammala
Employment Engagement Officer
Immigrant Services Calgary
530, 910 – 7th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N8