The YIP serves immigrant youth ages 12-20 throughout the city of Calgary. The YIP helps newcomers learn about Calgary through mentorship, community engagement, skill-building, field trips and social activities.
Why join the YIP?
- The YIP is a great way to make new friends, learn more about the city of Calgary, and have fun!
- Get paired with a peer mentor who will attend events with you and help you learn about life in Calgary.
- The YIP fits into your schedule. Pick and choose events from our monthly calendars!
Exploring the City of Calgary for Canada’s 150
Example of a YIP calendar
What will you do with us?
- Socialize: Make new friends through fun activities like laser tag, movie nights, parties, etc.
- Volunteer: Gain fun, hands-on volunteer experience with fellow YIP members by helping out at local organizations, charities and festivals, like Inn from the Cold, the Calgary Food Bank, Making Changes Association, the Calgary Performing Arts Festival and much more!
- Explore Calgary: Visit local attractions like the Calgary Zoo, attend cultural festivals, and get to know your new city.
- Develop Skills: Learn about something new like acting, rock climbing, money management, scholarships, employment skills and more.